Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Rhapsody in Red

Forgive me for not posting recently, but I did just complete reading Donn Taylor's Rhapsody in Red that a friend lent me. It's not my usual style (see other books on my blog), but it is a decent murder conspiracy mystery. When things don't add up, Professor Preston Barclay (referred to by friends as "Press") teams up with the least likely of his colleagues to solve a mystery. Based on the jacket information, the prof is based somewhat on Mr. Taylor himself, but you will have to read this to find out just how a history professor and a comparative religions study go on to solve a murder that just gets more interesting as the pages go on. There is wonderful character development with bits and pieces showing up right on queue to help drive this novel. I can't wait to see what's next, a symphony, concerto, or perhaps a waltz?

No comments: